A rental car is a 'must' for going around on Curaçao.
You can pick up your car at arrival at the airport, and bring it back at departure.
Prices don't differ much between different reliable companies, but may vary a bit between high and low season.
All companies have a fixed price per day, with unlimited mileage. Additional costs are fuel, CDW (about Euro 9.– per day), permission for additional drivers (Euro 4.50 per day per driver), sales tax.
Price indications from some companies for a small car with automatic transmission, aircondition, including CDW, second driver, sales tax: Euro 30.- tot 40.- per day.
Fuel is about Euro 1.00 / liter. You always have to pay in advance.
You should return the car with the tank filled to the same level as when you received it.
- Rent a car in advance, directly or via your travel agency, from one of the larger companies, so that the car of your choice is available at arrival, and you are ensured of reliable service.
- Rent a car with aircondition!
- Include CDW in your rental contract.
- Follow the anti-theft instructions.
- Search for the cheapest rental cars on Curaçao: https://www.holidaycars.com/car-rental/curacao/